Isabella is studying a Bachelor of Science at Monash University. She spent some time abroad teaching English. Isabella enjoys a variety of different things such as reading, music, cooking and science.
1. What inspired or interested you about teaching?
I spent six months in China teaching English. This great experience inspired me to teach. I am studying a Bachelor of Science, and my tertiary education has motivated me to combine spreading knowledge and science.
2. How will you connect with your students?
I have a variety of interests from music to science. And think that I will be able to connect with my students based on what we enjoy. I am also always open to 'try new things.'
3. What subjects will you be teaching and for which grade level?
- Maths - primary and secondary
- English - primary and secondary
- Science - primary and secondary
- Biology - VCE
4. How do you learn best?
I am a visual and auditory learner. Furthermore, repetition and the reinforcement of concepts helps me understand what I am learning.
5. Why did you choose TutorBright?
I was referred to TutorBright by a couple of my friends. They told me that TutorBright had been good for them.
6. Tell us a fun/interesting fact about yourself?
I spend a considerable amount of my spare time volunteering in labs. I also spend time baking and decorating cakes!
Click here to read last week's Welcome Wednesdays Tutor-Mentor!